Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I am the meanest mom....

Yesterday, I was trying to clean up the house, and was in the middle of making my bed, when Miss P came over with a chocolate bar that Mr. S had left on his night stand.
Now if you know my daughter, she has a slight addiction to TV and Candy, which we are trying really hard to break.
She is only a loud to watch "two kids shows" a day, which is usually when I am on the treadmill, and if she wants candy, she only gets it after nap time now, on days that I feel like letting her have some.

Yesterday, when she saw the chocolate bar, she was sure her daddy wanted to share with her. Keep in mind it was about 10am. After I told her no, she could not have any, she went sulking to her room.
I look up to her standing in her doorway, sulking and saying, "You don't love me."

Wow, I thought I had at least another 10 years before she used that line on me.
Raising a little girl, makes me more grateful for my parents each day, and so sorry for the pain I was growing up.

2 comments:

Jessica

We wish that didn't come until later but like everything else with our childrens generation (now doesn't that make us sound old) it comes earlier, I swear at least once a month Olivia tells me she hates me, that I don't love her, that I am ruining her life. Jared and I am DREADING PMS because if she is like this now...oh boy...not fun

Bit of Honey Training LLC

did your mom ever curse you with the "I hope you have a child just like you someday!"? Darn moms for that one.