Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Shoe Fetish

I am coming to realize my child has been blessed with my love of shoes. As soon as I found out I was having a girl, I started collecting clothes and shoes for her. She has always had a variety of shoes, way more than anyone really needs. She has a drawer in her dresser reserved just for her shoes.

About a week ago, I peeked in on her before I headed to bed, only to find my little girl had put on her rain boots and fell asleep. I started to take them off, only to have her wake up and tell me, "no mommy, I need them."
What a good girl to want to be prepared. You never know when it is going to rain in the house.

Monday morning, still half asleep I rolled over at 5:30am to my little girl standing at my door in my high heels,
"mommy....mommy"
"yes, P"
"mommy, I sleep on your floor."
"yes, that is fine. go get your blankets."
Clomp, Clomp, Clomp went my three year old in heels back to her room.....
"mommy, I need help"

I guess I could have told her that if she would take off her heels, she would be able to pull the blanket and pillow a lot easier. How special am I, that she got dressed up to come and sleep on my floor.





2 comments:

Kim

I'm impressed, at 28 I still haven't learned to walk in heels.

Schmitt Family

I am with you, I wore heels to church on Sunday, and had troubles. She walks in them better then me.