Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Am I Ready....
A friend in our ward came to me at the end of May and asked if I would do her wedding cake on June 19th.
First thoughts were, am I ready for this? I took some Wilton classes about a year ago and have played around with cakes since then, but have not done an actual paying job. After talking with her and looking at different idea's, and learning her dad did this as a career. I agreed, heck why not do a wedding as the first one.

When all the decisions were made, I made two huge sheet cakes, 80 cupcakes and a small cake for the groom. It was a great learning experience, and really fun playing with flavors. I am sure that is what everyone around me thought as well, as they all benefited from my experiments.
I have the best neighbor ever, who volunteered to come and help. She stayed all day, helped with all the decorating, and then helped with the delivery, as Scott was busy with Youth Conference and then had to head to work.

It was a slightly stressful weekend, when it was all done, I was almost completely happy with the turnout. I am always a harder critic on myself, and she seemed pleased with the end result.

0 comments: