Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Busy Weekend

Fathers day weekend, was a crazy weekend. I had to make cakes for a wedding, Scott and I had to speak in church and Pey did her first scripture and prayer in primary.

Around the end of May, I received a call from our friend who was in the Bishopric and asked if we would be in town for Father's day, then asked if Scott and I would speak. After giving him a "little bit" of a hard time, I told him Scott and I would love to do it.
When I called Scott to let him know that Randy had just called and asked if we would be in town, and that I had to speak in Sacrament meeting, Scott laughed and laughed, as the last time Peyton got sick Sunday morning, and I got to stay home with her and he had to stretch his talk and take the whole time. I let him laugh and joke for a few moments, then informed him, he was speaking too.
I am so glad we had a month to prepare, as building up to that weekend, we were so busy, so it was nice for the extra time.
The talk we were asked to speak on was Elder Richard G Scott, Honor the Priesthood and Use it well, from the Priesthood session in October 2008.
Amazing, amazing talk, a recommend read if you have a few minutes.
I am so thankful for the Priesthood in my life, and for a husband who honors his priesthood, honors me as his wife and Peyton as his daughter.

0 comments: