Monday, March 08, 2010

New Calling
Well, they finally decided what to do with the crazy situation. I was released from teaching the 14 year olds, or as I like to call it "fired for telling the kids to grow up and act their age :)

I am now the new...wait for it....wait for it....building librarian.
Totally not what I expected, I don't think callings ever are though. The councilor who extended the calling to me, asked me about four times if I thought I would be able to do this calling, all I could think of was "really, do you want me to say no?"
I have been raised, taught and believe that we are extended callings through inspiration and that we agree to those before we came to this earth, and that we will be blessed if we accept them and fulfill them to the best we can.

I do have to say that I am not to sure about this calling yet, but I am willing to do my best, and hopefully gain a testimony of the importance of the library.

3 comments:

Bit of Honey Training LLC

At least your big concern now will be whether or not the baggies of chalk make it back to you! A nice change!

Schmitt Family

Right now we are in a different building as our normal one has work done. It is kind of funny, the librarians I have talked to so far, seem to be afraid of the building librarian for this building. I guess she doesn't want anyone to touch anything, and for it all to be how she has it. The assistant on Sunday was afraid to throw out an old dirty rag and small pieces of chalk in fear this lady would freak out.
Drama everywhere, so much fun.

Jessica

I have honestly been in the library three times now, I must possess some amazing skill set, just because I work in an office and know how to run a copy machine. I personally enjoyed it though, a few minutes where you get to see all of the other teachers, and there is just something about being able to take a break from being responsible for the spiritual well being of others.