Saturday, April 17, 2010

Four going on I don't know what....

Pey has decided the past two days to have a "growing up" meltdown. I am sure it has to do with the fact that lil man went home this week, and she considered him her brother.

She woke me up yesterday, telling me that she never wanted to grow up, she didn't want to get as tall as the ceiling, and she wanted to stay four forever so she didn't have to leave us.

After hours of trying to reassure her that we are never giving her away, which I have to say was not working as she was asking me to pray to Heavenly Father that she wouldn't get any bigger, I decided to tried the birthday subject.

Me: Pey if you stay four forever you will never have any more birthdays.
Pey: But I want presents
Me: Then you have to have birthdays and you will have to turn five, but not for a long time
Pey: I don't want the presents then, I want to stay four.

I am ready to pull my hair out. She has gone on for two days about this, even though we tell her that she is not going anywhere and we love her. I might have to find her a grief support group for kids loosing their foster siblings.

1 comments:

Kim

Poor Peyton! I have no idea how one would explain this to a four year old. Sad.