Monday, April 12, 2010

Now We Are Five

Wednesday March 31, we received a call from placement desk asking if we would be willing to take a 14 month old boy who was very active.

I asked some questions about the history of this little guy and then ran upstairs to
ask what Scott thought. He had worked all night and had been asleep for about four hours, when I asked him if he was okay with it, I got a mumbled yes from him, so of course I said yes.

We received a call about an hour later from placement desk, saying that the little guy would be ready to pick up around 11:30am and to come to the office to get him. Poor Scott, I made him get up as I figured out really quickly, there was no way I w
ould be able to carry two 14 month old toddlers and they said he was more attached to men. (Yes our other little guy is 14 months as well.)

Me, being the naive mom of raising boys, thought all little guys were going to be perfect like our first little guy. I quickly found out that boys are completely different.
When they said he was very active, they were not kidding, there was no way of getting that boy to stay still. I also quickly found out that they were wrong about him being attached to men, he has to have me in his view or he freaks out.

Life has been interesting and busy since we picked him up. Lots of adjusting and getting settled in. We love him though and grateful we have the opportunity to have him in our home and apart of our family for a while.



Scott and his boys



Baby boy and lil man at Bonneville Dam.

1 comments:

Littlefoot

you are amazing. I do not know how you are doing it. Hats-off-to-ya!!!

No better place in the world these little ones could be... lucky them.

love lots
bek