Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Crazy Little Girl

A few nights ago, I had gotten home from a really busy day, really hoping the babysitter had Miss P in bed, no such luck. Oh well I thought.
I gave her a quick bath, and did our normal bedtime routine of scriptures and books. Even though, she was getting in bed 45 minutes late, I was so happy it was that time of day, as I was SO exhausted.
I crawled into bed, with some stuff I needed to read. I could hear her making noises, she had come out I think once, she always says "I need to tell you something....", (we are trying to break this, and have her stay in bed).
Around 10pm, she came out again, I thought she was going to the bathroom. At midnight, I was woken up to the sound of her playing and her CD player. I walk into her room to find her coloring and to see she had gotten into the paper towel I keep under her bathroom counter, ripped it up so her babies had blankets, all over her floor.
After taking it away, telling her to go to bed, I went back to bed to sleep.
At 2:30 (ok, I thought it was 2:30), I woke up again to the sound of her CD player, and I also heard Mr. S downstairs. I thought, great he can deal with whatever she is doing. He came up a while later, thinking she was asleep with the radio playing, only to find her laying in bed listening to her "stories." He told me the next morning that it wasn't 2:30, it was actually 3:30am.

Yup, who knows what she was on, but she stayed up until 3:30am playing, rocking in her new chair, coloring and listening to her stories in her CD player. She was even able to wake up at 8:30 the next morning, take no nap and still be in a good mood all day long.

Thank Heavens, she has not repeated it.