Friday, January 02, 2009

What The Crap Is With This Weather.....

I thought we were all done with the snow this year, until I woke up this morning, looked out the winter to snow on the ground. What The CRAP!!! (Yes, those who know me well, know that is my favorite word)
I loved living in Washington because of the green winters.
I love the green grass year round, tree's with leafs on them in late November, the years that are a little warmer, which allows me to plant flowers in January.
I have become accustomed rainy winters and only having a few days each year with a small dusting of snow, which would always melt by the afternoon, as I grew up with snow all winter long, that never seemed to go away.
This winter is not normal. It started out normal with a few days of dusting snow, which was all gone by early afternoon, then we got hit with record snow for this area. Yes it was not as much as when I grew up, but it was a lot for this area.
I am grateful that as soon as it gets above freezing that the snow melts very fast.
Instead of being a total grump about the icky weather, plus having a three year old who LOVES the snow, we got dressed up and played outside for many hours over the icky snow days.







0 comments: