Thursday, October 23, 2008

Imaginary Friends

As of tonight, Miss P has a house guest, named Miranda.
At dinner she was trying to tell me to look at Miranda, and I was a little confused what she was talking about, looking to see if she had a doll on one of the chairs, that she had finally given a real name to, instead of "big baby" or "little baby".
Nope, it turned out that she has an imaginary friend named Miranda. Who according to Miss P has red hair and pink clothes.
When I told My Man about her new friend, he actually was very unimpressed. I just had to laugh, as he plans on teaching her that we don't have imaginary friends, and they are not real.
We shall see what tomorrow brings, if Miranda is forgotten over night, or My Man makes her go away.

1 comments:

Kim

No no! In my child psychology class in college I learned that it is only the really intelligent kids who have imaginary friends, they make them up for extra stimulation for themselves! It's not lying, it's manifestation of her superior intelligence. Let Miranda stay for a while and see what happens. My imaginary friend when I was little was Chrissy Tompkins, she was in a wheelchair and had a great sense of humor.