Thursday, October 23, 2008

Update on Dance Class

Miss P's teacher called this afternoon. She said that she had been thinking, and that she doesn't think that this dance class is right for Miss P. According to her, Miss P is just not "getting it", doesn't follow her, and has a hard time staying on the tape line, and since they were doing some hard dances this session, this probably is not the class for her.
We had made plans at the end of the last class, that I would sit in on the next class to see what Miss P was doing, plus I wanted to see how the other three year old's were doing. The teacher doesn't feel that it will help, and that it would be more of a distraction for Miss P.
Then of course she wanted to know what I thought. People really should know not to ask a parent that, after they have just put their child down. I didn't think it was to appropriate to tell her off, as she is Miss P's nursery teacher, and we have to see her at church. Even though, I wanted to yell at her and tell her how dare she make me feel that my child was not good enough for her class, because she didn't constantly stay on a tape line. Like I said before, HELLO SHE IS THREE!!!
The teacher actually sounded shocked, when I told her that Miss P was doing some of the dance moves at home. So yes, my child does pay attention in her own way, and does know how to do some dance moves, even though she may not stay on some tape line.
My Man plans to talk to the teacher, and probably tell her what I refrained from and maybe more. I will have to try and calm him down about the issue before Sunday.
The teacher wants Miss P to finish off the month, as they will be doing tumbling and just have a fun class this next week. My Man wants her to go as we have paid for it. I feel there is no point, as the teacher doesn't want her in the class. It's not going to help my child's self esteem to go to a class that she knows she is not wanted at.
So the search is on, to find something else to put her in, maybe swimming, gymnastics.... We will update when we find something else.



0 comments: