Thursday, October 23, 2008

KIM.....I NEED YOU!!!

I have this wonderful, amazing friend, who offered to help me loose some baby weight after I had Miss P, and went walking with me. When she first offered, I thought I was going to die, as I was totally out of shape, but she was so kind and patient, and soon I realized that three miles was not that much, we were able to have some wonderful conversations, and made some good memories. It was going well, until I started to take some school classes, and things got busy, and I stopped working out, then Colorado stole her from me.
I have tried to start walking again many times since then, I even at one point talked My Man into a treadmill, which later had to find a new home.
Yesterday, I braved the scale, always a scary thing to do, and have come to realize that, it is time to try again.
Kim, I need you here to go walking with, and make me get into shape.
My Man was not going for my plan to walk 5-6 miles. I was proud of us though, to get out and walk 3 miles today, and maybe over time I can work us up to the 6 miles. Miss P even got into it and ran about a 1/4 of a mile with Daddy S, without stopping. Oh to have her energy.
So even though, Colorado has stolen you away from us, I thank you Kim for your patience, your friendship and for getting me started on walking, I hope this time I can keep up with it, and one of these days we can all do Mt. Saint Helen's.

3 comments:

HaYn Mama

I need Kim too now that I'm done having kids! You rock for walking 3 miles. I can't wait to run 1.

And I love your lesson in Sunday school. Sorry I didn't comment on it earlier. . . I just couldn't log onto blogger from the hospital.
You are so creative. . . I know your kids won't forget that one cuz I won't and I just read about it.

And your poor little girl. . . her dance teacher needs to lighten up. I would look for a new teacher after I got my money's worth outta the current one.

Schmitt Family

Thanks Kanoe, my goal one day is to be able to run the Race for a Cure, if I can find one not on a Sunday. So hopefully if I can keep it up, I will graduate from walking to running soon.

I hope my class remembers it. I have told my class over and over, if they only get one thing from this year, I hope it is a testimony of the gospel, because life it going to get harder, and they are going to need a strong testimony.

I agree, the teacher really does need to lighten up. I am going to talk to Scott, if they would let us, try her in the same program just a different teacher.

Kim

I miss you too!