Monday, October 20, 2008

To Dance or Not To Dance
In September, one of our friends told us about a little dance class for three and four year old's. The class is inexpensive and more on the casual side, which I thought would be a great way to introduction Miss P to sports/clubs. I wouldn't be putting out to much if she didn't like it, which is a bonus.
The class is set up, that the parents drop off the kids, and come back after class is done. The teacher ( who is also Miss P's nursery teacher) really doesn't want the parents in the room or in view of the kids. I can understand, as she wants the kids to focus on dancing and not the parents.
Miss P has only been to four classes, and I sit in the hall with two other mom's from our ward and talk while our daughters are in the class. The first two classes, as far as I could tell, she seemed to be doing fine, of course she likes to do her own thing, as she is three.
Last week, she had three melt downs. I thought it was because life was crazy, as I had my brothers kids here, so she was tired and her normal schedule was off. Miss P also told me that she had hit her head on the floor, so that was the cause of one melt down.
Today, we had bought her new dance shoes, and she came out complaining that her feet hurt.
The teacher in the middle of class when I went in to try and get Miss P to go back and dance, told me that she just wasn't sure about Miss P and the class. She repeated it again after class was done, that she just wasn't too sure about Miss P and getting it. The teacher said that Miss P seems to be in her own little world, and has a hard time staying on the tape line. HELLO, she is three!!!
I feel that the teacher doesn't want her in the class, and that is her nice way of saying it. Since she doesn't let parents be in the room, I have no idea what they are teaching to help at home. I asked if next week, I could sit in the back and watch to see if I can help Miss P, as we have one more class this month that I have paid for.
Miss P tells us that she likes dance class and still wants to go. We tried to talk to her, telling her that she really needed to listen to the teacher. My Man doesn't want me to pull her from the class, as he doesn't want her to quit.
What do I do, I have a kid who likes the interaction with the other kids and something to look forward to each week, even if she doesn't "get it." I have a husband who doesn't want her to quit, and a teacher who seems like she is implying that she wants our kid out of her class.
Any Suggestions.......

0 comments: