Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Old Man

My Man turned the big 30 on November 19th. For the past year and a half he has pretended to be 30 so he could play on a soccer team for 30 and over, so we joked last year that he was going to turn 30 twice. He no longer needs to pretend.

Poor guy,I am sure when he woke up on the 19th, I had forgotten his birthday. Since he woke up to a half done cake, I told him it was going to be a carrot shaped cake, as it looked like an orange tear drop. I was having difficulties at 10:30pm coming up with the top, as I was exhausted. I am also sure he must have thought, why did we spend all this money on cake classes.
(Ha ha, he didn't know his surprise)

A few days ago, while he was outside, I had one of his friends at work send me pictures of his truck. Monday night, I baked the cake, then had to hide it outside (yes, it was completely covered so animals didn't get into it) so he wouldn't find it. Tuesday, I had to wait till he left for work, put the girls down for a nap, then I started to decorate the cake. When I finished it later that night, I had to hide it so he wouldn't see it, and ruin the surprise.

The afternoon of his birthday, just after he left for work, Miss P and I headed out and bought him some balloons, then headed to his work to drop off the cake. He had no clue what we were up to, so it was a great surprise when he walked out of the shop and we were standing there with balloons and his "real" cake.

Happy Birthday My Love!!

0 comments: