Monday, November 03, 2008

Tooth Fairy


And We Get Upset When They Lie to Us...
When Uncle R and Aunt J were away, Cousin E had a loose tooth. There was some extra drama, as it was her first tooth to loose, and her parents had left her with her crazy aunt who tried really hard to talk her into to just letting us pull it out.

She was almost ready to let Daddy S pull it out one night. He was being so kind and patient. She was complaining that it hurt, so he got her the anbesol and put it on so it wouldn't hurt. He was about to pull, when she chickened out. The next morning, G-ma W being the genus that she is, gave each kid a chewing vitamin C, and that tooth came out within two bites.

I decided that it needed to be a little special as this seemed to be a traumatic time for her. So I made her a card with a picture of the Tooth Fairy and a personal note. I put the note in a zip lock with 4 quarters (even though we all joked around about putting $50, since Uncle R and Aunt J were gone, just to mess with future visits from the tooth fairy in their house.)

It was fun to watch her excitement. She was talking about how she got a picture of the tooth fairy, and that the tooth fairy left her a note.
Bad thing is, Miss P was watching all of this, and has talked about it since, "When the tooth fairy comes and leaves her a note." I am going to have to remember I did this for when Miss P looses her first one, as she has a really good memory.

2 comments:

HaYn Mama

The $50 idea is beyond funny!

Sarah (and a few others)

I always got a nickel from the tooth farie. (get it Nickel?! HAHAHHA! so funny!)

You found me Watson! That is beyond cool. Y'know, I still tell people about how our crazy mission pres put two trunky sisters together and then we set out to break as many rules as possible...

Your family looks awesome. Peyton is so cute. I like that she says "you are so mean." Hannah's used that a few times on me, too.

luv ya
sarah